Wage & Hour Litigation
State and Federal regulations offer a multitude of wage and workplace rights to nearly all California employees. An employer’s widespread failure to comply with these rules may subject it to a class action lawsuit, especially when the policies and practices it adopts violate the law.
If you or a loved one experienced unfair wage and hour laws at your workplace, contact a Los Angeles civil litigation lawyer at Pollard | Bailey immediately to discuss your case. You may be entitled to unpaid wages, as well as significant civil or statutory penalties.
| Click to contact us and book a FREE case consultation today!
Why Choose Pollard | Bailey?
At Pollard | Bailey, we believe that all employees deserve compensation when their employment rights are being violated.
- We have over 40 years of combined legal experience representing multiple clients in all types of class action lawsuits.
- We have a proven record of success, achieving favorable verdicts and settlements in more than 96% of all of our cases.
- We maintain a limited caseload so that we can offer focused representation to all of our clients in wage and hour suits.
- We offer partner-level representation to all our clients in class actions, never delegating your case to a paralegal or junior associate.
Ultimately, we want to fight for your right for compensation.
Are You Owed Unpaid Wages?
If any of the following apply to you, there is a limited time for you to act. Contact us now to receive a free confidential evaluation from an experienced attorney:
California employees must be paid for all time their presence is required, not just time working, and must also be paid directly for all tasks. You may be owed unpaid wages if you were paid (1) solely by piece rate, (2) solely by commissions, or (3) by an hourly rate and required to do anything off-the-clock without pay, including:
- Remaining on the job site, even if you are doing nothing
- Completing paperwork, sending emails or making calls
- Traveling to/from client locations
- Attending company meetings or training sessions
- Performing any pre or post-shift activities
California law requires employers to relieve employees of all job duties and all employer control during meal and rest breaks, and if they do not, employees must receive one hour of pay for each missed break. You may be owed wages if any of the following has happened to you:
- Your employer prohibits certain activities during breaks
- You must perform any job duty during breaks
- You can’t leave the job site during breaks
- You work alone without a “relief employee”, or have to remain “on-call”
- You signed an agreement waving breaks
California employees must be reimbursed for all expenses they are required to incur to perform their job duties, such as mileage and personal cell phone, internet or equipment usage. If you were required to spend money to perform your job duties, you may be entitled to unpaid wages.
Outcomes of Wage & Hour Class Actions
Upon the settlement or successful win of a wage and hour lawsuit, plaintiffs can expect to receive damages in the form lost wages, as well as potential statutory and civil penalties. In class action lawsuits, the company sued will likely also make changes to their policies and practices not only to prevent future lawsuits but to also improve the lives of their employees.
Many other businesses view these high-profile cases and adjust their practices, ensuring that their employees are treated fairly to avoid detrimental losses. Therefore, class actions are momentous in the compensation received and rights upheld as well as the general changes evoked in the working world.
Hire Pollard | Bailey as Your Legal Advocates
Successfully litigating a wage and hour case requires the legal guidance of an experienced, knowledgeable attorney. If you have suffered losses because of an employer’s misconduct, contact Pollard | Bailey. We provide dedicated, knowledgeable representation to our wage and our clients to secure the compensation they are entitled to under both federal and state law.
Our office resides in Beverly Hills, but we proudly serve all areas in Los Angeles’s surrounding communities including Santa Monica, Long Beach, Torrance, Pasadena, Pomona, Downey, Inglewood, West Covina, Lancaster, and more.